Terminate is safe pond treatment for treating ich, costia, chilodonella, oodinium and fungal infections in koi pond fish. Terminate is safe to use on “scaleless” koi and will not set back your pond filter.
Note: Some very sick koi and pond fish can not tolerate any treatment of any kind.
A large pond water change of 25% or more before treatment will produce the best results. Increase aeration if possible.
Remove all carbon from your filter, shut off protein skimmer, shut off your U.V. light, leave your U.V. pump and pond filter running.
Add 3.5 oz (100 ml) of TERMINATE to every 1,000 gallons of pond water.
Re-treat daily for 3 days with a minimum of a 25% water change prior to each re-treatment.
NOTE: Never mix any Aqua Meds Products with TAP water. The chlorine in the tap water will damage the natural “microbes” and medications in the products. Use good clean pond water.
Watch your koi fish for the first hour for any signs of stress, which include staying at the surface gulping for air or coughing.
Be prepared for stress with fresh carbon for your pond filter and a large pond water change.
The period between treatments may be shortened to 10-12 hrs. 25% plus pond water changes between re-treatments are very important.
- Do not use if water temperatures are lower than 50 degrees (F).
- Do not store below 60 degrees (F) or above 110 degrees (F).
- Do not use TERMINATE with salt or any other medication.
- Do not treat ponds with invertebrates.
- Terminate may stain everything it comes in contact with.
- Do Not use TERMINATE if it has been frozen or stored below 50 degrees.
- Do Not use TERMINATE if it has a cloudy or white color.
- ATTENTION: DO NOT USE TERMINATE™ ON FISH USED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.
- Keep out of reach of children!
32 oz (960mL) treats 3200 gallons three times
One gallon (3.79 L) treats 12,800 gallons three times.